At the Museum Ludwig on 24 September 2021, Prasanna Oommen hosted the opening of the nationally acclaimed exhibition "Der geteilte Picasso. The Artist and His Image in the FRG and the GDR".
During the opening, she spoke with the following guests about their views on Picasso and on this special exhibition:
- Henriette Reker, Mayor of Cologne
- Dr. Yilmaz Dziewior, Director of the Museum
- Isabel Pfeiffer-Poensgen, Minister for Culture and Science of the State of NRW
- Dr. Carla Cugini, Managing Director of the Peter and Irene Ludwig Foundation
- Dr. Andrea Firmenich, Secretary General of the Kunststiftung NRW
- Prof. Dr. Frank Druffner, Deputy Managing Director of the Kulturstiftung der Länder, and
- Dr. Frank Zurlino,Board of the Friends of the Wallraf-Richartz-Museum and the Museum Ludwig e.V.
The exhibition not only deals with the artist Picasso, but also with his different reception in West and East Germany.
It was curated by Dr Julia Friedrich, who also gave a welcoming speech at the opening.
More information on the exhibition can be found on the Museum Ludwig website: https://www.museum-ludwig.de/de/ausstellungen/der-geteilte-picasso-der-kuenstler-und-sein-bild-in-der-brd-und-der-ddr.html
The entire event can be viewed here: