Possibly the last year of the pandemic and only three months to go until the state elections in NRW: these were enough reasons to look at what has happened in the past five years. What does culture have in its many manifestations and what does it still need in the future?
Prasanna Oommen has discussed this on February 22, 2022 in the context of a panel discussion at the Kulturkonferenz des Landes NRW with the following guests:
- Isabel Pfeiffer-Poensgen (Minister for Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia)
- Dr. Jörg Albrecht (Artistic Director of Burg Hülshoff - Center for Literature (CfL))
- Gerhart R. Baum (Chairman of the Kulturrat NRW)
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Gaensheimer (Director of the Kunstsammlung NRW, Düsseldorf)
- Wilfried Schulz (Artistic Director Schauspielhaus Düsseldorf)
- Ella Steinmann (Agent for Diversity at the Theater Oberhausen)
The core issues of the conference were the strengthening of culture in rural areas, cultural education, the cross-cutting issues of diversity, digitality and sustainability as well as the improvement of the social situation of artists in NRW.
The panel discussion was recorded and can be viewed here: